Forest School / Outdoor Learning is an inspirational process, that offers ALL learners regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in a natural environment with trees, flora and fauna. It is a learning approach that sits within and complements the wider context of outdoor education.
All our outdoor learning participants are viewed as:
- equal, unique and valuable
- competent to explore & discover
- entitled to experience appropriate risk and challenge
- entitled to choose, and to initiate and drive their own learning and development
- entitled to experience regular success
- entitled to develop positive relationships with themselves and other people
- entitled to develop a strong, positive relationship with their natural world
This learner-centred approach interweaves with the ever-changing moods and marvels, potential and challenges of the natural world through the seasons to fill each of our Outdoor Learning sessions with discovery and difference. Yet each session does also share a common set of principles - all aimed at ensuring that our pupils experience the cumulative and lasting benefits that a quality Outdoor Learning environment offers.
Team Bleak Hill