The role of House and Vice House Captains are ones of privilege, pride and responsibility. They are more than just a title and badge and require dedication and commitment for an entire year. The children take part in active citizenship, whereby they lead a series of charitable events throughout the school. House Captains are elected by the children in their House after giving a speech about what they can offer their House. All children in years 3-6 vote for their House Captains. There is a boy and girl House Captain and a boy and girl Vice Captain selected for each House.
Our 2023-2024 House Captains and Vice House Captains are to be announced soon! Watch this space!
What do our Bleak Hill House Captains do?
- Lead and support the children of their House Colour in a variety of House Competitions and whole schol events.
- Work closely with the PE lead and Year 6 staff, providing ideas and support for competitions and House related activities.
- Collect, monitor and announce House Points.
- Support KS1 and EYFS in their Bleak Hill lives - especially on speacial events such as the Santa Dash and Sports Day.
Each Captain will be different and will contribute an assortment of skills and ideas to the job.
Characteristics of House and Vice House Captains at Bleak Hill:
- Polite and well-mannered
- Organised and committed
- A confident speaker
- Well-presented in uniform and appearance
- Able to liaise and converse with staff, students and the wider community
- Holding a desire to act responsibly and to be a role model for other students
- Caring, mature and honest
We expect House Captains to:
- To be a positive role model and ambassador for the school, demonstrating Bleak Hill Values.
- To be enthusiastic and committed to the House System at Bleak Hill Primary School
- To be friendly and positive with all students, particularly within thier House.
- To be part of the team of House Captains who work together to achieve success for all.